Posted at12:21h in Stretches
Stretching the ITB is slightly different from stretching other muscles, as the ITB is a thick, fibrous band rather than an elastic muscle.
- Stand upright and cross your right leg behind your left.
- Lean slightly forwards and to your left side until you feel a stretch on the outside of your right leg.
- Lean on a chair/wall if needed. Hold for 30 secs.
- Repeat 3 times
- Change legs, cross your left leg behind your right. Hold for 30 secs
- Repeat 3 times.
- Stretch twice daily, before and after exercise.